Monday, November 8, 2010

Memory Lane Monday


If you haven't caught on yet, I like to get drunk and come up with stupid themes for different days on my blog. If you didn't already know, every Thursday is Video Blog Thursday and now every Monday will be Memory Lane Monday.

I went through my journal of Freshmen year and this is one of my favorite memories: Randy Rogers Band concert at Ridglea

All the girls and I went to the concert and of course smoozied our way to the front of the stage. All night I shared cigarettes (GROSS!) with the fiddle player, passing them back and forth on the corner of the stage. So freaking awesome.

After the concert, we were DETERMINED, to get on that tour bus and hang out with the band. Somehow we made friends with the stage manager who walked us out to were the bus was parked. The door of the bus slowly opened and I remember this old man staring at us very intently. As I walked passed him he said "You have a nice ass." And I replied smittenly, "Thank you, I am a TCU Cheerleader."

BAM! The drummer jumps up and yells back, "Hey! I used to cheer at Texas Tech." Oh imagine that, proving once again how small the cheerleading world actually is. I'm sure we have probably swapped spit in some round-a-bout way. But anyways, we exchanged stories and although I was in boots I did not fail to take a picture with him.

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment